Friday, April 6, 2012

VICTORIAN ROCKING CHAIR REVIVAL

This is such a SUPER SIMPLE makeover, I'm almost ashamed to post it here.
But,
if you'd like to know how THIS 


was transformed from THIS
in one simple step, click 'read more' below.







Well, actually it took 2 simple steps to bring this lil lady back to life.

You'll notice at the top of the chair, the reed is broken.


Soooo, guess what I did???  Yelp.  I took my twig nippers or pruners or whatever you call those things you use in the yard, and I just cut all the reed even with the top of the rocker.  YES, I DID!!!


Also, one of the arms had a repair and it was a different color from the OLD, so I just decided to PAINT her.  
And, let me give you a tip on spray paint, if you haven't used spray paint before.  Always go for the more expensive.  Several times in the past, I've thought I'd save money by buying the cheaper brands.  And, what happens?  You end up buying 5 times more cans than if you'd bought the good stuff first.


So, after only two cans of KRYLON Indoor/Outdoor spray paint in a satin finish, this is what she looked like.........and it only took a few minutes.


I sanded just a bit around the edges.....


and then I added her to my room display in the shop.




What do you think?  


A pair of pruners and two cans of paint later, and I think this little Victorian rocker ROCKS!!!




I'm linking to these parties:































22 comments:

  1. The chair was a great find! You did a beautiful job on the repairs and painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, but Im not sure you can call cutting the reed off a repair. 8-)

      Delete
  2. I think it rocks too--it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK you got me ! I love your blog, I love Tn. and I'd die for that red truck. So I'm a new follower now!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh..thanks so very much. Im wondering how you found my blog. Im goin now to visit artistamyjo. Hope you visit often. 8-)

      Delete
  4. Candy: It looks great! Smart idea of cutting top even. Your shop looks darling, I bet she won't last long there..Happy Easter..Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy, thanks. I just knew that I couldnt do the repair on the wicker, so next best thing was to cut it off. COME BACK SOON. 8-)

      Delete
  5. Love the transformation! Oh the power of paint is simply miraculous and your shop is beautiful! I'd love to take a ride in that red truck down some country roads looking for treasures!

    ~Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Sandy. Hey, let's go. 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome!!! I think it Rocks Too!
    Prim Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on that chair redo! I really love it
    painted white. Thanks so much for joining me
    for Pearls and Lace Thursday. Lovely blog!!
    Blessings,
    Doni

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for coming by, Doni. 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The chair and your shop room are gorgeous!!! Beautiful.

    New follower.
    blog.littlebishopcreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much Jamie. I'm heading over to your place now to check it out. 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Candy,
    What a great find! I love how the chair turned out, you did a wonderful job on the repair and paint. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday this week. I can't wait to see what you link up next. Have a great weekend.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh LOVE it!! It's like it got a new life!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete

I do read and appreciate EVERY comment. I try to reply to all, but sometimes might miss seeing one. Please visit often. THANKS!!!