Friday, July 27, 2012

OFF TO THE AUCTION



Yeah, I know.  I need to STAY AWAY from those auctions.  These are two pieces that I purchased at a recent auction.  The little shelf on the right gets a makeover in this post.  Click below to see this quick and easy project.
I first painted it BRIGHT green, using a paint that I had special mixed by my local Glidden dealer.  I mixed Plaster of Paris with a little water, and then added that mixture to the green paint.  After seeing how FLORESCENT it looked, I decided to paint OVER the green with a basic white.  You'd almost have to wear sunglasses to look at it in this stage.



Sooooo, a coat of white paint and lots of distressing later.......this is how it looked.  A little green peeks through (not so overwhelming) and a little wood also shows.  I liked that much better.



And, that's it.  A quick, cute makeover.  


Just a couple days later, a customer sees it and leaves without it.  BUT, she calls back to see if the shelf will fit atop the little enamel top kitchen table that I have.



A couple measurements.........and.........Why, YES.   


What a cute idea.


 Thanks Amy!!  I hope you enjoy the two pieces.


What cha'll think?

Next post, I'll show ya the AFTER pics of the lil table on the left.  See ya then!!!  8-)


I'm linking to these parties:


11 comments:

  1. yeap you did the right thing...I love to do color and bright does not scare me ......but we have to think what does a customer want...and so yes often we have to tone down....love what you did...ugly golden oak look now cool trending shabby chic...and the under tone of green is way cool...i bet you sold in the way she asked if it would fit on the little table....way cute...I have you on my sidebar....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Kathryn, she bought both pieces. And, thanks soooo very much for the nice comments. And, ON YOUR SIDEBAR!!! I feel honored. THANKS AGAIN. Come back to see me soon. 8-)

      Delete
  2. OHHHH! Brilliant!!!! I love the shelf atop the table!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEY AWESOME!!! I HAVE THAT SAME TABLE AND THATS A GREAT IDEA!!! I CAN PUT ALL MY COOK BOOKS ON IT! THANKS ;]!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the auction too! I go to one almost every Saturday night. The deals are so great I just can't pass them up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. No, thank YOU. And, Im sooo glad you're enjoying the shelf and table. 8-)

      Delete
  6. I did a desk in a green pretty close to that (see Wild Child Desk on my blog)and it is still sitting at Paris Flea Market not selling. I loved it, but everyone said it would take a special person to buy it. OK, I may be a little slow but I'm thinking of bringing it home and painting over in graphite gray.

    ReplyDelete

I do read and appreciate EVERY comment. I try to reply to all, but sometimes might miss seeing one. Please visit often. THANKS!!!