Sunday, October 21, 2012

GIFT BASKET ALTERNATIVE


 What do you give a sick friend?  A gift basket?  Not if she owns more baskets than the entire Amish community.  She makes baskets herself, and, she's been collecting baskets for years.  Well, she is a seamstress, so I decided to use a sewing machine drawer.



Soooo, I started with some colorful tissue paper.  Then added my favorite cold medicine.


Next, she'll need some honey to mix with the medicine to make it go down easier........


a pretty teacup to mix it in,


then add a vintage teaspoon to stir.


Or course, chocolates make anyone AND everyone feel better.


And, a magazine.  Gotta include a magazine.  What southern lady wouldn't enjoy a copy of 'Southern Lady' magazine?


There ya have it.


Add a couple dried flowers.....a rosebud, a stem of larkspur, a head from my hydrangea bush.  Stick a bright yellow bow in for extra color and CHEER.



Well, at least I hope it brought a little cheer to her sick day.




7 comments:

  1. I love this post, Candy. I have been thinking of you too! In fact, I have a chest I want to paint black and was wanting to ask you how I should do it. Maybe I will email a picture of it to you sometime. Hope all is well. I am off to see what else you have been up to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Patty. I'll be watching for pics of your chest.

      Delete
  2. What a thoughtful gift. Those are the best kind when you fix it to suit the person receiving it. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! My go-to basket is actually a big popcorn bowl packed full of goodies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey.....that's a good idea. I'll have to remember that one. THANKS. 8-)

      Delete
  4. Hi{cough,cough}my new{sniffle} friend Candy. What a {sniffle}great idea for a {cough} sick friend who sews. I am {sniffle} so sorry for this {cough} comment but as I am sitting here {cough} at my sewing machine, I seem to {sniffle} be coming down with a {cough} bit of a cold. Again, what a cute way {sniffle} to send a "sick basket" to a sewing buddy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh, so sorry. So, ya think you would like one of my gift baskets? LOL.

      Delete

I do read and appreciate EVERY comment. I try to reply to all, but sometimes might miss seeing one. Please visit often. THANKS!!!