Wednesday, October 10, 2012

YOUTH BED 'AFTER'


In a RECENT POST,  I shared pictures of the original youth bed with you.  It got so much attention after setting it up in my shop, I decided to take it to have it reproduced.  And, here's that reproduction, a couple coats of paint and a glaze later.  I actually did two just alike for two little sisters.  I hope Sabree and Aubree are enjoying their new beds.


Above is the original, probably from the late 1800's to the early 1900's.  


For the 'beginning' of this process, please look HERE.


I was soooo pleased with Mr. Woodworker's results.


The color you see here........above and below.........are more like the true colors.  The base is turquoise with pink showing through, then glazed using Minwax Special Walnut.  



Mr Frog says, "Snuggle down under the covers and I'll read you a story."




This young family had already purchased this piece to go in the girls' room from me.  So, of course, we had to match the beds to it.  See the painting process on this piece HERE.


Thanks for stopping in.  Ya'll come back soon.
8-)

Linking to these parties:

11 comments:

  1. Hi Candy: The beds just turned out so good. Look just like the original, and with the little chest to match those little girls must have a very beautiful room..Happy Wednesday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Judy. You have a great rest of the week.

      Delete
  2. This is so cute and I know her cousin! Her cousin is at my grand daughters house, with her new bed and new wardrobe all in the same Ocean inspired Truquoise. looks marvelouse and the wood work is really spot on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathryn, I'd love to see pics or your granddaughter's bed and wardrobe. SHARE.

      Delete
  3. Lucky little girls to have such beautiful bedroom furniture! ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  4. O Candy this bed looks so nice! You did a great job - love the turquoise shade.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Candy,
    Love it! I love the polka dots too. You're really getting me hooked on turquoise too which is perfect for Fall :) Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday. Can’t wait to see what you share this week! Have a wonderful week.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle. And, thanks so much for hosting the party.

      Delete
  6. Pink and turquoise... what a great combination!

    ReplyDelete

I do read and appreciate EVERY comment. I try to reply to all, but sometimes might miss seeing one. Please visit often. THANKS!!!